In life: nothing risked is nothing gained.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Forget Lucca... ASSISI is the place to be.

This is why I am going to live in Assisi one day. Just look at that. Its perfect.
And this is where I would live. Not too many stairs. Perfect. 
 
So anyway. I went to Assisi last weekend. It was the most perfect day. It is the most beautiful town we have been to yet. The church above holds the remains of St. Francesco. And was the place where the Pope called all the world religions together to speak about peace... therefore Assisi is the peace capital of the world.
Pax is the latin name for Peace... This is on the lawn of the church. 
This church hold the remains of St. Clare. They dug up her body and covered it in wax. I went down to see her. Its legit. I think if I were catholic I would have cried. 
 This is an old lady that was doing her laundry. 
This is an old man doing nothing.
 A nun that saw me taking a picture of her so she stopped and smiled at me. I love nuns. 
 View from the hill top that Assisi was built on. This is just the cutest little town. When you think of Italy i'm pretty sure you are picturing Assisi. 
Here are some more pictures for your enjoyment. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment