In life: nothing risked is nothing gained.

Friday, January 28, 2011

The horrible goodbye and My super not so awesome flight to Rome.

Well I have just now found time to write! So here it is. I guess I shall post just like I would if it had just happened. Here I go!

   The goodbye was horrible. The worst ever. I'm not sure the TSA officer could recognize me from my license because I was crying so much. I didnt go through the checkpoint until the last minute... Literally like 15 minutes before my flight left. I just did not want to go. But there were a bagillion people there to see me off but still... it was bad. I'm pretty sure I was crying until we landed. Some lady asked me if I was ok. That was sweet of her.

   I just got off the plane waiting for my ride at the airport in ROME. I figured we would just leave off the coast of Georgia but I guess we are doing a curve. The plane was not as big as I thought it would be. Only 7 seats across with 2 isles. Its old too, maybe an early 80s model. But I did have a wonderful little TV that told me the altitude and outside temp and things like that. At our highest we were at 35,000 feet and it was -88 degrees! That was really weird to think about. If I fell out would I freeze before I hit the ground.. I bet I would.
   I have had a massive headache alllll day. Flying is not so fun. Especially if you dont really want to be there at that moment. But the actual flight was ok. There was a bit of turbulance but I cant complain too much because I had a window seat, no one beside me, a good dinner, and a sight of the Italian coast at dawn. It was beautiful. I noticed that first class is really nice and if I wanted to pay an extra 3000 I would have. There was free soft drink, beer, wine, blankets, pillow, and movies but the drinks came out of a box and were horrible. BUT first class got nice and fluffy stuff with 8 different kinds of wine out of bottles. They were already passing out champagne when everyone else was boarding!
   I didnt sleep but like 30 minutes on the flight. At one point I went to sleep and woke up because it felt like the plane had dropped 100 feet in the air. The map showed we were 200 miles off the coast of Nova Scotia - completely over water. Needless to say, there was no more sleeping.

 Dinner was good... Chicken with rice and a salad! See picture below.
   

 The excitement still hasn't hit me yet. Hopefully it will soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment