In life: nothing risked is nothing gained.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

I leave TOMORROW at 10:57!

The excitement has not hit me yet. :/

I'm all packed. Mick was a lovely helper. "No, dont put that there" "Why dont you shove that in this pocket!" He meant well.

The girl that will also be going with me, Maddy Pulley, called me from D.C. and said she packed two huge bags with two carry ons. I only packed one of each. Hopefully I wont be under dressed. But the good news is I FIT MY RAIN BOOTS INTO MY LUGGAGE. I bought those stupid things just for this trip and refused not to take them. Mick said I wouldnt need them but I politely reminded him that I wasnt leaving without them and he found a spot to put them! Gotta love that kid! We are going to see how long it takes for me to use the rain boots. I should bet him.

Tomorrow will be bittersweet. I am really dreading it. I know that I should be super excited to be living in Florence for 4 months but right now all I can think about is leaving my family. Especially my mom and Mick. I have decided not to apply make up tomorrow until after I have calmed down. It would just be a giant mess.

BUT, last night my mom threw me an awesome going away party. It was soo sweet. She decorated the house and she also put up decorations just for the party. Red, green and white streamers and words in Italian and cooked an excellent meal filled with my favorite foods. Minus ribs. Im not sure she has ever mad ribs. MOM, will you make those when I come back?!?!?!?!?

My mom will never know how much that meant to me. She is a great mother. I am going to miss her like crazy. I hope that she can surprise me with a visit to Florence.

Also in attendance last night was my lovely brother and his family, my aunt and uncle, and last but not least my bestie, Lauren. I wish EVERYONE could come visit me. Maybe when I win the lottery. That would be awesome. Just know that if I had the money to get you over here I would. That is a promise.

I'm getting nervous. Dreading tomorrow. I love and miss everyone.

Italia here I come...


1 comment:

  1. Hey did you say you found an app that lets you blog from it?

    ReplyDelete